Acoustics? We Don't Got No Stinkin' Acoustics! Well, Maybe We Should.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Acoustics? We Don't Got No Stinkin' Acoustics! Well, Maybe We Should.

What kind of acoustic treatments are you using in your home theater/music area? Was budget a consideration or not? How did you come up with the placements? Did you have professional help? Did you use a computer program like CARA? Did you have glass (windows or doors) at a reflection point? How'd you "tame" it?

This discussion isn't limited to dedicated treatments. I'd like to hear about curtains or plants or whatever you used and how it worked. Pictures would be perfect!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Bump.

Pr@, did you ever "un-deaden" your room to the point you are happy with it?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

For the most part I'm pretty happy with my room now. I'd still like to add a few more poster frames closer to the front but by and large its not to bad at the moment. One of these days though I'm going to dive into CARA and see what I can come up with.

Comment

• Bruce
        • Aug 2000

I have CARA, but haven't finished building models for speakers and room yet.

But, I have put ETF5 software to extensive use and found it helpful for linking what my brain hears to the actual physics of the situation (speaker placement, sub integration, etc.). They also have a very nice demo room tutorial.

Bruce

Comment

• PMazz
          • May 2001

I have a tough room. Ceiling under 8', front wall offset from center....UGH!

I decided diffusion was a better plan than absorption and did built-in paneling/shelves around most of the room. The other major problem was a 9' wide window on the left side wall. This was handled by a 1 piece honeycomb shade. Behind this, mostly for light control, is a vinyl roll-up shade.

These treatments really smoothed out the response, although it still suffers from some left to right inconsistencies.

Pete
          Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"