X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Regrets and tips?

Ok with Erik nearly done his room and a bunch of us others well underway on our rooms surely we can each come up with a few things we'd do differently next time round and a few things we are really happy with.

For regrets I wish I had taken the time to redo the common wall between my shop and the HT when I had the chance since it rattles with large bass and it would have been easy to rebuild it before I did the treatments on the HT side...

I also regret adding carpet to the top half of my walls since its made the room way to dead sounding. I'm slowly getting it back to something I like by adding posters etc but given the cost it wasn't worth it.

For things i'm happy with the screen I just built for my future projector is turning out great...esp for something thats going to cost well under $100 cdn all said and done!

Building the rack into the side wall has been one of the best design things I've done...that and adding the double doors to the back allowing easy access to the back fo the gear.

I ran two seperate 12/2 lines from my power panel to give me two seperate 20 amp lines for the gear...had I thought about it for a second I should have gone with 12/3 cable but i didn't plan on the second outlet until it was too late :roll:

Things I'd do different? Well painting the ceiling tiles black was a major pain in the butt...after four trips to the paint store for more paint it would have been much faster and almost the same cost to simpyl order some black tiles...oh well live and learn.

• Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Are you asking for Pro's experience here, or what Andrew?

Let's not loose sight of the dividing line between spaced out and this new area.

If we get the installers here, then you can ask them questions here. Learn from what they talk about here. But we don't want this to become spaced out two.

I'm still not convinced they will come. But I could be wrong. After all, someone I know has had good hunches before.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

good point.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Lex
        Let's not loose sight of the dividing line between spaced out and this new area.

If we get the installers here, then you can ask them questions here. Learn from what they talk about here. But we don't want this to become spaced out two.

Did this thread get moved? This IS "Spaced Out", at least as of 11:55 PM Jan 4. 2002 (CST).

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

No burke its the twilite zone Yes I moved it in here where it should have been posted in the first place...me bad

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"