X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

My HT make-over

First I want to thank all of you for support, Erik for your wonderful ideas and having me rip up my riser and re-do it, thanks!

I have had my HT re-done before Christmas. The recliners we chose had to be sent back because the colour "Sand" had an off tint compared to our couch. My wife was not happy with it so they got sent back. Now we moved the 41" Sony RPTV downstairs for the mean-time til we decide on what we'er gonna do. The LG JT21 didn't work out but they are promising that the JT20 would satisfy me/us so I am waiting for another sample unit.

I will post pics of the HT make-over later this weekend when I pickup my new digi cam.

All cables have been upgraded (What a difference). New panamax A/C line conditioner etc. Simple but growing.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
    CLIVE

• John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'm glad to know that you are enjoying the upgrades. It's always a plus when, we can hear the benefits of our upgrades. Looking forward to the pics.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Hope the JT 20 is what you are looking for, Clive. A B I G S C R E E N would be a nice way to start the new year.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

You're so right. Well I'm not a big Sony fan. The 41" we kept in our bedroom because we didn't really like the display it had. So I got my friend to come down and calibrate it for a small fortune and now it looks half decent still not what I'd live with. We had to change the Video IC and resolder the tuner.

Having a bit of problem with the software to transfer the pictures to my PC it's something I'm not understanding with this Kodac Docking Station thingy, will try again, must read manual ! :evil:

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

Clive: Glad we could be of help! But did I really "make you" rip up your riser? ops: :LOL: Now I can't wait to see some pics!!!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• Uncle Clive
            Former Moderator
            • Jan 2002

Actually the adivise you gave about insulating the risers made good sense. After all, my sub and mains are close to the riser as you will see and I had screwed down the floor boards already. I mean, it was a good thing I used screws, it made it easy.
            Sorry, though I must confess, I didn't use any glue. Because of my health situation I have to take it easy most times, so this whole but small make-over took more time than it should. I am not finished yet but hey, it means much to me, something to take my mind off things.

E., I wish I had you're skills. The ideas I have........ I'm just afraid to do it because quite simply I don't trust myself.
            Making that riser to recess the centre speaker for me was a MAJOR accomplismant. My wife was shocked at how well it turned out. Well lets' just say Thank God for carpeting 8O

Thanx much!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Hey Clive, glad to hear you are "screwing" with things.

Isn't it nice what a good set of cables will do for a system? Did you notice any change when you put the Panamax in the loop? Houston doesn't have the cleanest power to begin with and putting my VansEvers conditioner in caused me to have to re-calibrate my TV with Video Essentials. No foolin'.

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                Former Moderator
                • Jan 2002

Originally posted by David Meek
                Hey Clive, glad to hear you are "screwing" with things.
                In my present condition " I have nooooo comment"

David it was like the grills came off my speakers. I have read and listened to so many comments about ac conditioners/stabilizers and good cables, now I can testify to this end too. It does make a difference. We get brown-outs and spikes so often here in the Icy north that from day to day the sight and sounds changes, now I love to sit and watch the lights on the Pan5100 go up and down on/off when power is drawn from the reserves. Fascinating!!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• efarstad
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jun 2001

Clive: There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment! Sounds like you did a WONDERFUL job, and having the wife enjoy your work makes it that much more fun! Take your time, and just do what you want, when you want, that was my approach...for me it was very relaxing and therapy for my...uh...audio/video soul!

I'm so into this woodworking gig, I may attempt some furniture...there's this table I'd love to take a crack at! One of those lift tops jobbers...it would be great in the theater! Just lift the top and you've got yourself a table for grubbin' dinner if you want. We'll see...Wife has plans for me next though....

Get those pics up soon Clive....I should talk, mine aren't up yet! :tomato:

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                  E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                  E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"