X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Equipment Rack

Finally is all I can say...I could not wait for my Stats class to end so I could get back to my HT project...so without further delay, the lastest is my equipment rack construction.

Follow link below for any and all interested!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Erik, it's obvious that you are having way too much fun with this. That's great fella! One thing you might consider is putting small tabs of stick-on felt or BluTack on the pins supporting the shelves to help cut down on vibrations.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Eduardo
      Moderator emeritus
      • Jun 2002

Your doing a great job EriK. My only concern would be the tabs that hold the shelve. Do you what are the weight limits?

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

small tabs of stick-on felt or BluTack on the pins supporting the shelves to help cut down on vibrations.
        I used a mouse pad that I cut up into small blocks...I also added them under the gear as well...works very well for me.

For my shelves I used a strip of metal that has slots in it for some clip in shelf brackets. This was very easy to install and gives me virtually endless flexibility for shelf height....I originally did it your way Erik but the thought of drilling that many holes and making sure they all lined up gave me a headache

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

David: I'll dampen it all with something...I may give that felt a try...and yes I'm having too much fun!

Eduardo: Thanks buddy. I'll be using metal bracket/tabs instead of those plastic ones...those are just temporary so I could get a look at what she looked like! 8) I don't know weight limits but I built the same type of rack/closet in our pantry and it has a tone of weight on them....no problems!

Andrew: That's a great idea about mouse pads...my company has tons of promo ones lying around, I may just try that...better then spending the bucks on vibra-pads/pods or whatever. Those metal strips do make it easy, but since I've done this before it was no biggy for me.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Erik, I would NOT use those plastic tabs for your gear. Bad move. Those things are equivilent to closet maid stuff, and that stuff gets brittle with age. At the least could bend. What you need are metal rod tabs, or equipment rack pins. Metal is the key!

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• efarstad
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jun 2001

Lex, thanks buddy! But no worries, as I mentioned above, those plastic ones were one's I had left over and were just temporary for the pics...I too have watched those bad boys "bend!" When finished I will be using metal ones! :-y

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
              E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
              E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"