X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

A walk back through time

Visit "The Tennessee Theatre', a truly amazing old movie theater, and a historic landmark of Knoxville, TN.

Enjoy,
    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Absolutely beautiful, Lex. Reminds me of a similar movie palace that once existed in Halifax called The Capitol Theater. It's history went back to the days of stage and early silent films.
    If there were still theaters like that around here, I would be going to movies on a regular basis.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Looks like a great place for concerts and revival films. Hope I can see it in person some day.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Oh man, talk about memory lane. That reminds me of the old Arcadia theater on the East side of the downtown square in Tyler, Texas. I haven't been there in 25 years, so I don't even know if the building is still standing, but there are a lot of good cinematic memories there. Thanks Lex.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Glad you all enjoyed it. The Theater is not really used for standard attractions now. I am sad to say I missed the anniversary showing of Star Wars there.

Mostly, it's used for specialty concerts and such now, Knoxville Symphony Orchestra, that sort of thing. Maybe some specialty films.

She is a beautiful old theater. We actually have one older, but not nearly as ornate. Can you imagine, costing a million dollars in the early 1900s?

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"