X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

HT: Finalized Color Scheme!

Hey gents! Ok, my wife and I finalized the color scheme for the HT room and I'd like to share it with you. I plan on taking pictures of the colors, fabric, etc....so you can see it too but since I don't have it yet here's a description:

Wall color: I painted the upper 4' of the wall a deep red/cranberry color. The bottom 4' of the wall will be covered in a blueish/black fabric that has very light speckles of greyish/white.

Ceiling: This will be painted a dark charcoal grey color. Was going to do black but thought a deep grey would be much nicer.

All paints are flat so they won't reflect light!

The carpet will have two colors. The majority of the room will have a deep red carpet that matches the wall color very nicely. But around the walls of the room there will be a one foot wide strip of black carpet.

The theater seats have a fabric that matches the red tones I chose for the walls and carpet, with glossy black painted metal sides!

I plan on triming out the room with chair rail, crown, and baseboards that will be painted a brown/beige color that really blends nicely with the red and blue accents!

The stage and front wall will be covered in black indoor/outdoor carpet. The front stage curtain and curtain covering the window will be made out of black velvet!

I know it's hard to imagine all this so I'll get pics up as soon as possible!

It's getting REAL fun now!

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

e -

It sounds sounds like your color scheme will look very nice and work effectively in an HT. Not hard for me to imagine at all -- I have a dark grey ceiling in my HT and walls to match (except wall with projection screen which is flat black). If I were to choose a color to go with the grey, it would be a deep red/cranberry color. Wait a minute -- that is the color of my Ekornes recliner! Looks great with the grey. I expect that your deep red/cranberry painted and blueish/black fabric covered walls will look sensational. And flat finish, while perhaps not as durable or washable as semi-gloss, is far preferable from a light control perspective, espcially with a front projector.

Of course, it will be fun to see pictures later to confirmn how well all this works.

Enjoy!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Jeez Erik! 8O I'd finally convinced Jen that a deep burgundy (like the old Cinemas) was the perfect color scheme. Well, I won't be an absolute copycat - the ceiling will be the same burgundy color or flat black, and I'm not sure yet if the trim will be glossy black or a matching glossy burgundy. The lower half will be matching burgundy acoustic panels.

Heh, sounds like we have a lot in common.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

Heh, sounds like we have a lot in common.
        I feel SO sorry for you! :rf

Well as promissed here are some pics (I'll be updating my site when I get a spare moment):

Here's a side wall showing two wall sconce locations and the side speaker "wire" inbetween.

Front Left and Right Corners:

Back wall showing rear-center speaker platforms too:

And here's the "Color Scheme" for the room. You can see the red seat cusion, the blueish/black fabric, black indoor/outdoor carpet, and then the carpet book that contains the red (third from the left on the top row) and the black (fourth from the left on the third row).

Pictures never depict everything perfectly "colorwise" but this hopefully gives you a better idea of what I've been rambling about!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Gonna be quite a theater there when you get finished, E.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Looking good E! Just be careful using flat paint...its not as durable as low gloss.

Comment

• Pat
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

E, looks good to me...moving along nicely :T

Pat's Page
              Pat's Page

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

"Officially" updated my website with pictures...so there are a few more to see there as well!

E...in two days the ceiling gets painted! Whoohoo...

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"