X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

HT Construction *Update*

I now have pictures of my room updated to show the finished "mudding, tapping and texturing!" Come and check it out if you're interested!

Follow link below...

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

You are making great progress. The room is shaping up nicely. And I have a feel for what you went through taping and floating that sheetrock -- I did some of that in a college-era job. Easily the most boring work I've ever been paid to do. So I imagine you are quite happy to be past that on your project.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Good job Erik. I'm about to get dusty myself. Just a little more sheetrock to put in then on to taping and floating. I don't have your touch for texturing so that'll be done a pro. Yours came out looking really nice! :T

Starting to get excited?

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

Burke: Yea, it's not the "funnest" part of the project, but if you don't take time here doing "quality" the finished product looks like...er...crap shall we say! I actually in a strange way enjoyed it cause I know it gets me "that much closer!" And very happy to be moving on...but what I did not mention is that I still have to texture the storage room and finish the exterior wall of the theater room! :x

David: Have fun gettin' dusty! Make sure you wear a mask and rinse out your eyes every so often or they'll be "burnin' like crazy" come night end! 8O This is the first texturing job I've ever done, it 's not too hard just takes time. If you want I can share with you what to do...rather simple really...just takes mud, the proper brush, rollers, some water, and patience! Let me know if I can help! Thanks for the positive words, I'm pleased with how it came out!

And yes, getting excited...but with school starting back up this week that means I'll have less time but I'll still be hacking away at it.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Yeah, fellas, and make sure your electronics are far away from the dust, or WELL COVERED.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Doh.... 8O ...nah no worries mate, equipment is either upstairs or stored in "safe boxes" until the show! :T Though the boxes are a bit dusty!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

great job erik...hopefully i'll get to hear it one day.

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

We'd love to have you and Glenda over! Paul and Sarah are coming down again in Oct...so anyone of you HTG'ers is welcome. Too bad you live in the "eastern" part of Canada and not the western part like Paul! :cry: But if you're in the area...come on by we'll arty:

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Okay, members, let's all charter a jet in parachute in on E. What a party that'd be. 8x)

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• efarstad
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jun 2001

Bring it on...I'll light some flares so you'll know where to land! :P

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                    E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"