X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

A warmer HT look

Even though my front wall is painted black and has a fixed 92 x 52 screen, there seemed to be a cold bareness to the room. With the help of my dear wife, we picked up some burgundy fabric, she did the sewing and helped me with the installation and now the screen is framed with drapes. Man, what a difference this has made to the room. It always was a dedicated room, but now it has a warmer look, and gives a more theater-like feeling the minute I enter the room. I realize not everyone has a dedicated room. If you do,though, adding drapes really does add a lot to the room's feel and appearance.The material, rods, etc., all came in under $200. and was well worth the money and effort.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I have been looking to do the same thing, I want a set of heavy curtains that will cover the screen when it's not in use, this will really allow my HT's 2 channel soundstage to shine like it used to when it was in a dedicated 2 channel room.
    It's gotten much better since I went to FPTV, but it can get alot better if I can just cover that screen!
    All the materials I have been pricing are in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range...but then again, I'm looking at heavy velvet.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

As a side benefit its probably helping cut donw on some audio reflections as well

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Kenny's idea of covering the screen is a good one. Though mine is a fixed arrangement that doesn't open or close, it works for me because I really don't use this room for music listening.Still,the idea of drapes that open and close is a good one.It'll be just like the theater. The screen takes up a lot of the room width and the wall to the left angles slightly to accomodate the door to the basement and laundry room, so I was pretty limited in what I could do.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"