X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InTheRed
    • Mar 2004

Basment Installs

Well, I was about to upgrade my system, but it now seems I will be upgrading my residence instead. Most exciting is that the new place has a finished basement which my wife has generously granted to me to "do whatever you want with it". Of course, we all know what that means.

So, I thought I would put it out there and see if anyone here has any experience with basement installs and set ups. I may be jumping the gun asking for input at this point, as I don't have many good details to give, but we'll see if anyone has any ideas. I'm guesstimating the room at 600 sq ft, something like 20x30 with a 7 ft. ceiling. The walls have a wood paneling that has been painted white, with a carpeted floor.

I would be very interested in hearing about any sound treatment or wiring techniques that some have used. In fact any basement install anecdotes would be appreciated. I may not get too serious about it until I have the money to upgrade my equipment, but I also think I will get antsy to do what I can and would love to hear ideas!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

My theatre is in my basement and I learned a lot about what I'd do again and what I'd change. I'll see about posting more when I get a moment this weekend but if you have specific questions let me know. There's some before and after pics on my website to get you started though

Comment

• Pat
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Mine is in the basement too.
      There are some before and after photos.

Pat's Page
      Pat's Page

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

Add another DIY basement theater to the list!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"