X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhodiel
    • Mar 2004

B&K AVR 507

Any thoughts on this receiver to with the Sonus Faber - Grand Piano for home theater purposes?

Thanks

Ariel
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

B&K makes very nice gear but at this price level I highly recommend going with seperates and their higher sound quality.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Jason has a good point. Going up to Grand Piano level, you really should consider separates - for no other reason than to do justice to the abilities of these speakers. But, if you prefer a receiver, then the B&K is a fine choice. I'd look at it, the flagship Yamaha and the flagship Denon.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• rhodiel
        • Mar 2004

Thank you for your input! What separates are you suggesting?

Thank you in advance

Ariel

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Aerial, there are many fine separates out there. Mix and match until your heart's content. For example, a BK processor/Parasound amp, Rotel processor, Rotel amp, or Parasound, or Bryston, etc... Lots of options.

I'd recommend listening to the Sf speakers connected to a few options if possible, then see what sounds best to you. that's always best, audition!

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Lex! I can't believe you didn't mention Lexicon! 8O ...lol

Ariel, I think we need a better and realistic idea of your overall budget. You had originally stated $10,000 for everything - projector, screen, speakers, amps and processors. Now you can put together a very nice HT for that money if you try out and carefully select good equipment. You've also mentioned that the budget can stretch to get better stuff. How far? You'll get a million different opinions of what you can get costing anywhere from around $10,000 - $100,000 (and more 8O )

I mean if I had an unlimited budget, here's what I'd likely get:

-Lexicon MC12 pre/pro, two LX-5 amps (to bi-amp the front three channels and still allow for 7.1) and a RT-10 universal player.
            (Or I might go for Meridian gear but only if it was hidden in an equipment closet because as nice as it sounds that stuff sho' is ugly :LOL: )

-I'd likely get something along the lines of an Arcam CD player as well.

-Stewart Firehawk screen.

-Marantz VP-10S1 3-chip 1280x720 DLP projector.

Now speakers.... I'd have to go listen to lot's but I'd probably be checking out the likes of: Vienna Acoustics, B&W Nautilus 800's, Sonus Faber, Dali, Piega, Revel, Martin Logan, Thiel, Tannoy, Energy, Snell and even smaller companies like Genesis 6-Series (The review I just read on these was awesome :P ). I could go on...

Of course all of that stuff would cost closer to the $100,000 mark... ops:
            So if you can give us a better idea of budget and what you're looking for I'm sure we'll be more than happy yo help

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"