X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowanrg
    • Feb 2004

pics posted in gallery, take a look

just thought i would let you guys know that ive added some pics in the gallery of my system. the digital camera ran out of batteries before i could take pics of everything, but there are a couple pics of my speakers and some of the cables and amps im using. the rest will come after i can charge the camera! (its a friend's, not mine, so he has to charge it).

its a great system for a college student working his way through school!
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Cowanrg!

Hey bud..nice setup...nice cables..they resemble my custom house cables quite a bit.... Are ya happy with the sound ?

Question:

Is that a Rotel I see sitting on what appears to be carpet?????

I like the attention to detail of the components and cable I must say

....just tell me that Rotel is not on carpet!

take care la!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Cowanrg
      • Feb 2004

haha, yeah, its a rotel 1070 amp. i have one driving each front speaker. they are on carpet ops: my amp stands havent shown up yet... since im a dealer, i have to wait for everything (i order factory direct on all my stuff). so, when they show up, it will be elevated.

i absolutely love the sound. one of the best systems ive heard, minus the meridian system we used to carry...

Comment

• Cowanrg
        • Feb 2004

here is a tease...

this is whats sitting in my basement. its a custom built amp that ive spent the past 1.5 years working on. its close to done. you can see the other one on the background. as soon as these are finished, they will drive the fronts, with the rotels powering the rears.

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

hey Cowanrg!

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS !

Nice...very Nice....all aluminum it seems too...How many WPC....and what is the amperage....watch out Mr Levinson....hello Cowanrg!!! 8)

Did I mention they look nice too? :LOL:

take care bud!

Bam!

Comment

• Cowanrg
            • Feb 2004

thanks.

they are made out of aerospace grade aluminum throughout, even the bolts. the heatsinks arent of course. They will be over 200WPC into 4 ohm for each mono, but that is limited by the amount of heat they produce. i may increase it depending on how hot they get. but its pure class A from 1 to 200 watts. they should be able to ohm double down to 1 ohm, and have a dynamic peak of 1500 watts per chassis. i am not sure of the amperage, but it has some juice behind it.

Comment

• Bam!
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cowanrg
              thanks.

they are made out of aerospace grade aluminum throughout, even the bolts. the heatsinks arent of course. They will be over 200WPC into 4 ohm for each mono, but that is limited by the amount of heat they produce. i may increase it depending on how hot they get. but its pure class A from 1 to 200 watts. they should be able to ohm double down to 1 ohm, and have a dynamic peak of 1500 watts per chassis. i am not sure of the amperage, but it has some juice behind it.
              Dude :T :amen:
              Very impressive!

Sorry about the double post..I'm getting a lot of freaky things happening to me on this forum!!! :cry:

Bam!

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

What double post? :rofl:

Just kidding. I deleted the first two for you.

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Robert, that's really very impressive! ;x( You should post this in the DIY area, too. Do you have an estimated completion date?

I like the styling - sort of similar to the Pass Labs X-250 and X-350s, of which I'm a big fan.

David - HTGuide flunky
                  Our "Theater"
                  Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Cowanrg
                    • Feb 2004

thanks.

i have more pictures. i have a few other projects im working on too. estimated completion date? maybe summer? who knows.

right now, im finishing up on another extreme project... its a battery powered, 2-chassis class a preamp, exotic hardwood faceplate, and no expense spared, only the finest ill have pics soon. right now im deciding on faceplates, the lacewood didnt do what i was looking for.

Originally posted by David Meek
                    Robert, that's really very impressive! ;x( You should post this in the DIY area, too. Do you have an estimated completion date?

I like the styling - sort of similar to the Pass Labs X-250 and X-350s, of which I'm a big fan.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Ah yeah, baby. :banana: Pretty stuff.

Erie, huh? I grew up in Castle Rock, myself. I miss Colorado.

Go Avs!

CHRIS
                      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

nice cabinet. Heat sink configuration rather much resembles my 336 amp.

Lex
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"