X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

New interlinks - as short as possible?

Hi, I want to start upgrading some cables in my setup. And ofcourse that costs (a lot of) money.
    Now the problem: the shorter the cable the better it is. Right?

My dillema: buy cables for the setup now, which means 50 cm (approx. 1.6 ft) is enough for the interlinks and the digital coax.
    But maybe not enough whenever future upgrades in equipment will take place. A cable of 1 m (approx 3.2 ft) is most common but not necessary for me.

Will it (soundwise) matter if the interlink is 0.5 m or 1 m?
    What would you choose?
  • brucek
    HTG Expert
    • Aug 2000

The length of interconnects is inconsequential when used with solid state equipment. Passive preamps and tube preamps suffer from rather high output impedance, which when combined with a high reactance (from long interconnects) creates a low pass filter.

Either way, it's of little significance, given the distances you're considering. Use convenience as your guide here. A one meter cable will provide you with some 'wiggle room' if you want to move your equipment around in the future.

brucek

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"