X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

jumpers on AV-receiver

My AV-receiver has jumpers on the backside for each channel that connects the pre-amp part with the poweramp part. If using an external poweramp, the jumper for the channel has to be removed.

These jumpers are thick metal brackets. I saw that i.e. Audioquest has specific jumpers made of very short interconnects, like Coral.
    What is the best option soundwise, leave the factory brackets or replace them with these special short interconnects?
  • brucek
    HTG Expert
    • Aug 2000

Arnold,

There is no reason to replace the metal brackets supplied with the receiver. These provide proper continuity at this breakout point. The shield continuity is provided internally and won't be increased by adding an external interconnect. In fact, the short metal jumper will be theoretically better than an interconnect by nature of its short length.

brucek

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
      • Sep 2002

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"