Will a Denon 2200's DAC's equal or better my SCD-C555ES player for Redbook playback ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

Will a Denon 2200's DAC's equal or better my SCD-C555ES player for Redbook playback ?

I'm looking consolidate some gear. I have a S9000ES DVD/SACD player thats been recently retired due to it exibiting some erros. I now have my Panasonic RP91 in my rack. I also have a SCD-C555ES multichannel SACD/CD player in the rack.
    Question is: Will the Denon 2200 be as good or, better via analog 2 channel connection to my Ref50 as my 555ES CD changer? If the answer is yes, it'll allow me to sell a couple pieces and consolidate. I don't know much about different DAC's. My best guess would be the 555ES would outgun the Denon 2200 for 2 channel analog out. I know i love the sound of it now, and don't hear much difference vs. going digital out and letting the Ref50 handle it. I use the 555's DAC's. I'd like to have one player do superior video, great Redbook, DVD-A & SACD. Thanks.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT
  • nicodim55
    • Nov 2003

8) I too own the DVD 2200 and I'm really happy with it. I'm not the expert on DAC's but I'm sure some of the guys in this forum can share some opinions and advise Where can I find some REDBOOK DVD'A AND SACD?

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Nico, the term Redbook refers to CD's only. At least as I understand it.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• nicodim55
        • Nov 2003

8) Thanks

Comment

• Chip
          • Aug 2001

I've posted this query around the net..concensus seems to be, the triple 5 won't easily be outgunned by most DVD players. Some of the more expensive ones maybe, but the SCD-C555ES is very good. I may pick up a Denon 2200 as my new DVD player and use it for DVD-A and maybe SACD. My 555 sounds pretty sweet on SACD too.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
          Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"