Sales guy trying to sell me Kimber speaker cable, can I do better for the price?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Sales guy trying to sell me Kimber speaker cable, can I do better for the price?

Sales guy trying to sell me '4 VS' Kimber speaker cable. He wants about $3.50 per foot. Forget the price for a second...is this kimber cable any better then $1.25 per foot Monster cable at Best Buy? If this is good cable, can I get a better price? Is there a better cable for the same price?

I dont want to spend lots of money on speaker cable...$3- $4 is my limit, but I want the best quality for that price
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Alot of people swear by Home Depot 12Gauge and Sound King's speaker wire from partsexpress. Personally I use AR Pro SeriesII 16G to biwire my Paradigm Studio's.

Sound King 10G(64cents/ft)

ht_addicthttp://

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

In my first theater room I used Monster 12-gauge in-wall rated, and in the last I used Straight Wire. Both were durable, both were about $1.25/foot and I experienced no problems with either, but I couldn't determine any difference in the sound quality between the two. I haven't used the Kimber, but for bulk I'd go with the Home Depot brand, 12-guage of course.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I'm a little surprised to hear you say that David.

In answer to the original question, the Kimber is probably a good product and a sight better than Best Buy products, HD bulk 12 gauge, or even Parts Express offerings.

It is possible that Parts Express offers some higher end speaker wire, though I have not checked. But I always encourage sponsor support.

If I sold you my CATCables Cattails speaker wire in bulk, it would be in the neighborhood of 4.00 a foot plus shipping. So, I think it's probably a fair deal on the Kimber.

Moving this thread to audio, as it's more an audio topic though technically, it's really a diy topic unless your buying a finished product.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Moving this thread to audio, as it's more an audio topic though technically, it's really a diy topic unless your buying a finished product.
          Possibly but its better then it being in Club Rotel

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

If I sold you my CATCables Cattails speaker wire in bulk, it would be in the neighborhood of 4.00 a foot plus shipping. So, I think it's probably a fair deal on the Kimber.

What? :huh: Well. . . I actually did not know that.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"