Mission 775 - Is it the time to change ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gadgets
    • Dec 2003

Mission 775 - Is it the time to change ?

Hi All !

I just joind this forum & i have that strange hunch that it'll make me spend lotsa money...

I just bought a rotel rsp-1066 / bob carver 5ch amp combo & intend to use them with my 4 years old (maybe a total of 10 hours of use..) Mission 775 fronts, 771 rears & a 77c center.

I have to say that before buying the mission's i've listened to many speakers & my final decision was to get the 775 missions over the 603 B&W (was the same $2000 price range).

My problem started while i was getting my Rotel rsp-1066 from my dealer cpl of days ago, after asking me what speakers i've got he started making a strange "who's pairing a rotel sound processor with panasonic plastic mini system speakers" face... 8O but than he added the question if i bought them in th US or Europe...
    As for the record, i got my missions in th UK & not the latest USA model i've heard was ruin mission's name over here (USA).

My question is :?: - Does anyone has any suggestion regarding me keeping these speakers or move on (maybe the magnepans 1.6qr's ?), i must say that i really likes my mission's sound - i think it is great, even better than more expensive other brands.

Your Help will be appreciated !
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi ya Gadgets (cool nickname BTW).

You've answered your own question. Your comment
    i must say that i really likes my mission's sound - i think it is great, even better than more expensive other brands
    says it all. You really like your Missions' sound, so don't worry about a salesman's "spend more on these" face - period. You bought them because their sound is what you like and that's the best reason of all to own a speaker. Enjoy them!
    :T

P.S. See, this saved you money. :B

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Gadgets
      • Dec 2003

Thanks David, Well seems like this forun CAN save me some money after all.. lol..

Just wanna know what you more experienced audiophiles have to say about these Missions..

Comment

• sfdoddsy
        • Sep 2000

Assuming the Missions are at all similar to their older models, I suspect you couldn't find a speaker more different than the Maggie 1.6s. I'd suggest having a listen to them, ideally in your own room.

If your dealer is a Maggie dealer, pester him. If you end up wasting his time he dserves it for being an asshole.

Cheers

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
        Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• Gadgets
          • Dec 2003

I love the maggies look & yes, he is a magnepan dealer as well.. (what a coincidence huh ?) 8O

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

If you like the looks and can live with the placement issues involved dipoles, then definitely consider the Maggie 1.6's. They are a world class loudspeaker and are a bargin at the price.

Note that they do much better when mated with a sub.

theAudioWorx
            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"