any speakers to recommend 4 my rotel gears?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jc
    • Aug 2003

any speakers to recommend 4 my rotel gears?

it's the time of the year 4 the change of my speakers, my current sonic gears are rcd1072 ,rsp1066 , rmb1075, pioneer 757 for sacd and dvd audio with wharfedale dimond 8.4, 8.3 and 8 center.
    am thinking of changing the speakers to sonus faber concert series, namely a solo and 2 pair of grand pianos , any suggestions or any other speakers to recommend?
    btw are the rmb 1075 powerful to drive the grand pianos? :roll:

cheers
    jc
  • shrtmn
    • Jul 2003

I recently got Totem Hawks for my mains and Totem Mites for the surrounds - driven by the RSX-1055 and they sound awesome. I'd definitely recommend them. I haven't heard the Sonus Faber's you're considering, but was pretty impressed by the Concertos. The 1055 has plenty of power for the Totems so I'd guess the 1075 has plenty of oomph for the Sonus Fabers.

Good luck,
    Jonathan

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

jc, music to my ears, considering Sonus faber. Have you seen my web site? I'm a big Sf fan. Love em'. http://www.catcables.com/lex/default.htm

I own the original Concert series Grand Pianos, and now use them as my rears. I'd have to say, though they sound great back there, they are really underutilized. You could certainly get by using Concertos on the rears. Does your pre-pro do 7 channel? If it does, you may want to consider a pair of Concertos and a pair of Concertinos for rear and sides. GP mains.

If you like silky highs, beautiful mids, and are planning sub support, Sonus faber can make for a beautiful theater presentation.

lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"