X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

RECOMENDATIONS ON A SACD/DVD AUDIO PLAYER

looking to buy a sacd/dvd audio player i was looking at the pioneer dv-47ai any info on this product or another would be welcomed. (must play both sacd and dvd a on same player)
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

Denon 2200. You can find it online for $500, great unit!
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'd agree with either the 2200 or the 2900 from Denon as they've got the best video and excellent audio. Yamaha also has a universal that uses the same video as the Denon's and apparently has excellent audio as well.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

What is your budget? I'd agree that the 2200 or 2900 would be solid investments and give you a quality piece of equipment.

The reason I ask about the budget is that I upgraded my 2900 today for the 5900. I had a great deal presented to me yesterday that was too tempting to bypass. I know the MSRP is $2,000 but I picked it up today and hooked it up. With no tweaking, I simply cannot believe what I heard. Unflippin' believable! Every aspect of it's soundstage is superb to the 2900 (not that the 2900 was awful --- it was excellent in it's own right and if this deal wouldn't have come along, I'd still proudly own it!). Heck, I was upstairs and 4 rooms on the other side of the house and it still sounded crystal clear.

Enough for now. If you have the budget, find a store that carries all three and do an a/b/c comparison. Your ears will tell you what to do.

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Jim, that's great to hear your appreciation of your upgrade from the 2900 to the 5900. I've been craving a 5900, and now I'd like one even more.

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicodim55
            • Nov 2003

:?: How do you guys like the DENON DVD 2200? Any opinions or feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.

nicodim55

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"