X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyL
    • Dec 2003

Audio interconnects

Can anyone tell me whether they have experience with audio interconnects from SignalCable or have used Canare or Belden cables. Are they appropriate for use on RB1095 to RSP-1098. Thanks for the help.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

An HTGuide supporting cable company is CATCables.com CAT also offers products not advertised, such as Belden based cables. Many of these cables will appear at Zeus Cable in the near future. Your support would be appreciated. Get your prices, what your looking for, then email me for similar products and pricing.

This site does not encourage discussion of competing web based cable brands, as HTG is advertiser supported and CAT and Quantum are the exclusive HTG supported cable brands.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

Well,I just received my new cables today.

2 Pair of Copper Cats from Cat cables.
      1 Accelerator from Quantum ( I plan on using this cable to in place of TOS link from the DVDplayer.)

I 've decided to go from optical to digital coax, for my dvd player.

I currently own 3 Silver Cats for the front L/C/R and a Tiger for my sub, and have been extremely pleased with the results. Now... I've been using a pair of Copper Cats for my rears. But I am going 7.1 and wanted another pair of Copper Cats for the side and back channel information. But there has been a significant improvement to the Copper Cats. So I bought 2 new pair. And wil religate the other version of Copper Cats to other duty.

Doug at Catcables and Quantum (as well as Zeus) uses a "burner" to burn in the cables before shipping. So they are ready to go right out of the box.

What never ceases to amaze me is the quality that goes into each and every cable. It's too bad they are behind the equipment, becasue they are simply beautiful in their own right. But Like I said before. I've already got a fairly full compliment of Doug's products (and I've used a lot of the other brands) and his cables are superb. I could not believe the differnce after going to Cats for my pre/pro to Amp. It was just extrordinary. And I for one never really bought into a lot of the cable hype. I did replace the Cats for a couple of hours with another brand of cable (which chall remain nameless) just for a comparison. The other cables belonged to a friend. He and I were both pleasenlty surprised by how well the Cat held up to (and in many cases surpassed) cables at nearly twice the price.

So... today I got my new cables, and I can't wait to hook them up. I'm moist with anticipation.

Do yourself a favor, and contact Doug at Cat, Zeus, or Qunatum. Not only does he make a fantastic product. But he's easy to work with, easy to talk to. And usually adds a little extra here or there for HTguide members.

Nice work Doug, the new copper cats look fantastic, I'm dying to get them in. Alas they'll have to wait until Saturday.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

BTW I suppose I could be viewed as a shill (sp) for Doug and CatCables. But anyone who knows anything about me, knows that I speak my mind. If I didn't feel as strongly about Catcables and the construction and performance. I would not speak so highly of them, and most likely would say negative things if I truly felt them. As such, I don't.

Just like anything I've ever spent my hard earned money on. If I like it I say so, If I don't... Well I'd say that too! It's Just that simple.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• zeppelin
          • May 2003

My apology for my ignorance, anybody here knows whats the Resistance or impedance of Audio RCA cables, like for example Video and Digital cables are usually rated at 75Ohm.
          Anyone can help?
          Thks.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Zepppelin, typically audio cables should be 50 ohms. However, higher ohm cables such as 75 ohm video cables will work for audio. That's not to say you will get optimal results with cables deisgned for video. It's the opinion of this manufacturer that they do not optimize audio transmission. Resistance is a product of cable design and length. The longer the run, the greater the resistance.

Low capacitance is good for audio cables. Typically, unshielded cables can also sound more open than their shielded counterparts. Teflon or optimally "air" are the dielectrics of choice, and either HCOF copper or solid silver the best metalurgical content.

hope that helps,
            Lex
            Doug

Comment

• RedStep
              • Sep 2002

Hey Zep...Can you tell us more on why your concerned about resistance and impedance.
              Yea a cable question :LOL:

RedStep
              We are truly a product of the decisions we make
              RedStep
              We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• zeppelin
                • May 2003

Sorry for the late reply guys been busy lately.
                Thks for the info Lex.
                I'm concern about the resistance and impedance cause I wanted to get the best optimal performance either in Video or Audio and also because I got a lot of Belden cables lying around my house so I thought of using it instead of buying out a new cables.
                Belden cables are normally shielded and most of them are good for digital and video connection.
                But for audio I'm not to sure that is why I ask about the resistance and most of the Belden cables I own are rated at 75 Ohm.

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Actually, the list of Belden cables truly beneficial to high resolution audio and video is a fairly slim list. 89259, 1695A, 1694A, and maybe a couple of other cables. One of those is an RG-59, silver coated copper coax, but I am not sure what model that is. At least I think they offer one.

Mostly, they either use the wrong dielectric for us, or the conductor or shield is nickel plated. 1695A or 1694A is nickel coated on the shield. Not aweful, but not of copper.

Lex
                  Doug

Comment

• Cowanrg
                    • Feb 2004

any reason why you dont make power cords (yet?)?

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

The primary reason I have not built power cords is liability. Messing with electricity is a little different than low power audio video cables. I always said it would be after I incorporated. There could be another solution to this issue. Having a subcontractor build them that takes responsibility for the building of them. This is an issue on my mind, that's for sure.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                      Doug

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"