X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Bi-Wire Center Channel?

I recently bi-wired my front B&W 602's and I have heard a much clearer fuller sound in stereo and ht applications. My lcr6 center channel is not bi-wired. Should I bi-wire it so that the three front speakers are wired the same? I listed to 1/3 stereo, 1/3 multi-channel sacd-dvd-a music and 1/3 home theater/movies.
    Stan
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Stan. I'm a bi-wirer myself, and yes, I have the three front speakers all bi-wired with MIT Terminator series cables. I recommend it more on the basis of having the same overall conditions for the main and center speakers than anything. IMO minimizing deviations gives you a more consistent and immersive soundstage.

Sorry 'bout the 'Sox. I had hopes. . . . :nonod:

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

David:
      You confirm what I have always understood about wiring the fronts and center (too expensive for the lengths required for my rears) uniformly to avoid any deviance in overall system integrity.

As for the Red Sox, somebody else from Texas told me yesterday that he thought a name change might be necessary to avoid the so-called "Curse of the Bambino".

Well, by next year maybe the Sox luck will change if I have my HD upgrade in place.
      Thanks,
      Stan
      Stan

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Stan, it can get weird out there - some people I've read about have 5 identical speakers and 5 identical sets of cables for the "ultimate" in consistent surround sound. That's a little (yeah right more than I care to spend tho'.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"