X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ludwig Van Beethoven
    • Oct 2003

Reciever for classical music??

Hi Guys,

I am new to the HT reciever world and would like your guys opinions on which reciever will give me the best 2 channel sound for classical music. I currently have Klipsch RF-3 II speakers for the left and right channel, Onkyo TX-DS575X Reciever for the sound processing with Monster Z2 Biwire with banana plugs for the reciever and speakers. I have been reading on these reciever models below and cant decide on which one, please keep in mind that i am not into surround sound and DTS and PL II and the sorts, I want clean, warm and full 2 channel stereo for classical music mainly, I listen to music 90% and movies 10%. Please give me a great recommendation on which one will suit my needs and be an upgrade over my Onkyo.

Here are my choices below: Please feel free to recommend others that i havent listed in thier price range. My Onkyo does not have preouts for an external amp unfortunately

Denon AVR-3803
    Rotel RSX-1055
    Rotel RSX-1065
    Marantz SR-7300

Thank You so much and lastly how would the above recievers compare to my current Onkyo TX-DS575X in regards to clarity and sound for classical music?

Erfan
  • Burnsy1
    • Oct 2003

The onkyo is a decent unit itself. I have not used any of the receivers you mention but have used rotel amps and I have been very pleased with them. Great value for the money. You can certainly get better sound with a better receiver but you would get much better sound by switching to seperates. I used the onkyo 676 for a while, it had 5.1 outputs so I began purchasing seperate amps (rotel) and it really improved sound quality. Now I'm using an anthem pre\pro with the rotel amps and the sound quality improved vastly!

Comment

• 4_everyman
      • Oct 2003

LVB:

Although i've only listened to one of the receivers in your list, i can strongly recommend the Rotel RSX-1055. I use mine for two-channel and multichannel playback. The sound is outstanding. It was the best money i've ever spent on a piece of hi-fi gear.

Rgds,
      --Pete

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"