X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

BI-wire question

I'm going to Bi-wire my new Paradigm Studio 40's and CC470v3 and was wondering should the runs of speaker wire be the same length for the front soundstage(FL: 1ft, FR:7ft, Center: 4ft from amp, so should I make all runs say 8ft). I know the runs should be the same length going from the amps +/- to both +/- terminals on the speakers.

ht_addict
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Actually I wouldn't worry about the cables being the same lenght at all...technically they should be but in the real world you'd have to keep your head at the exact same spot for the differeing cable lenghts to be an issue...even then you'd need bat like hearing That said if possible it might make you feel better that they're the same lengh and as we know the mind can me far more influential on what you preceive then what the bench test tell us that it might be worth the investment in time and effort to at least in your mind make them the same.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"