X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfdoddsy
    • Sep 2000

Digital amps - the $300 Krell killer?

There is a recent update at the Newform Speaker site that is basicallyt stating a $300 Panasonic receiver is up there with the best John Meyer has heard.

Sorry! 404 Page Not Found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try using...

He is now selling it in a package with the Behringer DCX2496 digital crossover as an upgrade for the Newform R645 speaker. It and the Sony variant have been getting rave reviews at Audio Asylum and Audio Circle.

I've heard and liked the Spectron amps, but then again I like most well-designed amps, what do others think of these digital amps?

Would they have the same problems with keeping input levels high as you have with digital crossovers?

What intrigues me is that you could have an all digital system with room EQ for under $1000 - CD player to Behringer DEQ2496 to Panasonic.

What do we think of think of this latest revolution?

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
    Steve's OB Journey
  • Hank
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2002

Wow, Steve, if the sound is that good, we could be on the cusp of a paradigm shift. I've been wondering how digital amp development was coming along. I'm sure the skepticism will mimic that which ocurred when the first soid state amps appeared amongst the glowing tubes in hi-fi stores.
    Very interesting indeed.
    What say you, Jon?

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
      • Aug 2001

I just ordered one of these Panasonics. I've moved the movie crap into the living room and I (well, the wife) needed the small form-factor of this model. I'll certainly try the unit out via the MC inputs as a power amp and post my thoughts for what they're worth. It'd be very cool if it was that good! The combo of this and the Behringer unit would make it much easier to experiment.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"