X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedStep
    • Sep 2002

Budget Tweak of the Week

I must be reading too much...I have heard many swear by the changing out of the wall plug. Changing out of the $2 duplex to a higher contractor or hospital grade socket.
    Better contacts, isolated, and grounded, I couldn't hear anything...but I sure felt better 8)
    any one done this tweak???

RedStep
    We are truly a product of the decisions we make
    RedStep
    We are truly a product of the decisions we make
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

A while back bought a Blue Circle Noise Hound to lower my noise floor. What a waste, cause it introduced more noise than it took out. The place I bought it offered me store credit, so I picked up 2 FIM 880 receptacles. Contact between socket and powercords is very snug, unlike with the $2 ones from the hardware store. Didn't notice any difference in sound but the contacts are atleast more secure.

ht_addict

Comment

• PMazz
      • May 2001

Yep, any good commercial grade 20 amp receptacle is fine. The worst thing about most "builder specials" is that the electricians have them back wired, instead of crimped and screwed.

Pete
      Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• teekster
        • Jul 2003

I bought a PS Audio receptacle and noticed no difference in sound. Does feel better, though.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"