X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

budget CD players

So if you were looking at a budget CD player which would you prefer the NAD 541i or the Cambridge Audio D500SE? Both are about the same price new. I've love a Rotel but I can't do the carpet and CD player if I go with the one I want and the Cambridge and NAD get glowing reviews...hmmm. I might be able to get an in home demo of the NAD but not sure about the Cambridge. The long term plan is to use this as a CD player for now then add a really good DAC down the road.

• efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Andrew: I had the D500SE and it was an amazing performer! Sound was smooth and VERY detailed...sounded great mated with my Musical Fidelity Preamp/Amp and Martin Logans...I'd definately recommend you give it a go!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• RedStep
      • Sep 2002

I'm speaking second hand, but I have not heard a bad thing about NAD. Most all reviews speak favoribly. NAD, no bells or whistles & performance first design.

RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make
      RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Andrew,

I'm sure you're already aware, but, just in case, someone posted that the CA 500 is now on sale for $350, with free shipping (not sure about Canada) from here.

Sure is a nice looking unit. Comes in black for all those who bought a 1098 in that color.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Thanks Keith I saw that post earlier. I can get it from a local dealer for about the same price with less hassle but thanks for the link.

here's where I was thinking of buying it from if the local dealer won't move on his list price

There's also a couple of used silver one's here and here in Canada for a good price if someone wants silver.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Here it is in black.

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

I really like the looks in both silver and black. Simple and distinguished. I hate a bunch of bright lights flashing out at me.

Keith
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"