X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Aguilar
    • Jun 2001

I am getting sound from the rears when in Stereo

I recently, tonight, upgraded my mains to Martin Logan Aerius i speakers. I noticed that when I played a cd while in stereo mode, the rear speakers were on. This has never happened before.
    When running my Energy Veritas 2.1's, this did not happen. I know that my speaker wires are set up correctly.

My system is the Outlaw 950, 2 Parasound 855HCA's, Martin Logan Aerius i's for mains and Energy Veritas everywhere else. The Martin Logans are 4 ohm speakers while everything else is 8 ohms. Could this be confusing the Outlaw? I have my ML bi-amped. So for the left speaker I have one channel coming from amp A and the one channel coming from amp B. Could this be messing things up?

Please help.

Jeff Aguilar
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Are you sure you weren't in a DSP mode like pro logic II or DTS Neo ? That's about the only thing I can think of to explain it.

Comment

• Phil Rose
      • Aug 2000

Maybe your new ML's are giving you a 3D soundstage that you've never heard before! To be sure, recheck your wiring however, what you've described for a hookup should be just fine. You might want to just try it out without bi-amping to make sure you have the "plumbing" correct then take the next step to bi-amp and figure out what's going on.

Good luck!

Comment

• Jeff Aguilar
        • Jun 2001

Thanks guys for the responses.

It turns out it was a wiring issue. ops: I knew that my wiring was absolutely correct, I had my Energy's hooked up this way. What ended up happening is that on the wall plate where I was not using banana plugs, two of the wires were touching! Once that was remedied, the problem went away. Man, do I feel dumb.

The ML sound incredible. My wife was very pleased. She loves listening to music and she loves the sound of the ML!

Jeff

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Jeff, congrats on the speakers and on getting them wired properly!

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"