X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

I can't beleive I'm upgrading

Well, it all started when we decided to buy a second home in Conn. to be closer to our oldest kids and grandchildren. Our house can be rented out for 4 times our payments which will pay the payments on our second home and still leave enough left over to rent a small over the garage apartment in Manhattan Beach when I'm working in LA.
    This means getting rid of most of the Video side of my equipment since I will no longer have a large Home Theater. So, I want to pare down things to just two channel as far as sound goes. For video I am perfectly happy with just a digital TV and a progressive scan DVD player. I have found that the sound part of watching movies at home has meant less and less to me. Anyways, I took a peek in Audiogon to see what I could get for my Theta gear and then took a look at the Audio Research stuff for sell to see if I wanted to also sell my pre amp and get a integrated amp like the new Tri-Vista integrated from Musical Fidelity. Well, instead I ended up buying a Audio Research Ref2 MKll and a Audio Research Ref phono stage. This should be a big improvement over my present pre amp and phono stage. The best part is the sellers were both just a short drive from my house and I was able to make an immediate pick up.
    Of course my wife is asking why things are appearing instead of things dissappearing but, that's another story.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Bob, I can understand your move. Sometimes, I feel like doing that myself, just due to the added complexities of home theater. However, I do enjoy my movies and I've already got the gear, so...

If you want me to check the Audiogon Blue Book for average, high, and low figures on your gear before you sell, let me know. I'm a member with viewing privledges. cost me like 50 bucks for a year! But so far, I guess it's been worth it to get a good handle on gear prices you want.

That's a big move for you Bob, you sure that's what "you" want? Not much surf in Conn.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"