X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Headphones?

My boss at work has given the go ahead to purchase (anyone who wants them) a set of headphones. 2 reasons... some like to listen to the radio or music while working, others prefer silence for concentration.

A couple of fellow employees have the BLOSE (BOSE) Noise Cancellation set. $300 retail. They're used mostly to block out ambient noise. We are in a lab per see, but there is no roof over us. So we get the ambient noise of the transformers, lighting systems, HVAC blowers and ductwork. :x

One guy doesn't even pump music through them (the BOSE,) he just prefers the silence. Although a good set of earplugs will do the same. :roll:

So I am trying to decide what I want to do. My sources at work are an AM/FM CD Walkman and my IPOD. So I need something that doesn't require a lot of power to be driven, yet if she (the boss) is willing to spend up to $300 a set, that leaves just about everything open. :T

Any suggestions would be great! :LOL:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Easy. Sennheiser HD-600s - they are one of the most highly regarded models out there. Here's NeedleDoctor's page on 'em:

Link

You may be able to find these for $250-275 if you look around.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Try this thread on Head-fi

Comment

• Crimson
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Check these out. I've tried the 5c and thought they were great.
        Q.

Comment

• Rock Dog
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2003

Great selections so far.

Anyone else? Bueller, anyone...anyone. :?:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• sfdoddsy
            • Sep 2000

I was all set to get a set of HD-600s or HD-580s when I hear a set of Philips HP890 which to my ears sound almost or as good at under half the price.

I'd also suggest Grados for a completely different sound, but mine leak a lot of sound.

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
            Steve's OB Journey

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"