X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Do YOU Have Fat Fingers?

I was playing around in back of the equipment rack a couple of nights ago just cleaning up cable runs. No probelmo, right? Well, I got set last night to listen to some albums and whoa, where did the top-end go????
    8O

I frantically checked the alignment of the stylus and cantilever. Nope. Looked fine. I gently pulled the grills off the Aerials thinking the worst - popped tweeters. Nope. Everything's fine. Checked the album. Nada. Clean as can be. Well, let's check connections. No sir. Everything was plugged in properly, nothing crimped or crowded. Now I'm getting worried. What's up? Go back SLOWLY and check everything. Well well well, lookie here. . . in my cable management work the night before, I'd bumped or moved the phono stage at some point and pushed the MC/MM setting button on the back of it from MM to MC. One quick push (back to MM) and my treble came back! YEAH! Whew, now go sit down and let the blood pressure return to normal and enjoy some tunes.

Moral of this story? Heck I don't know - don't fat-finger things in your equipment rack? Have you ever scared yourself silly like this?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yup been there done that

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

To many times, and my fingers aren't even fat. :B

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

Absolutely, however it's not my finger that's really fat. :twisted:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Thanks Thomas. That's what I was really looking for in reply. 8O Now, would that be your waistline? Feet? Nose? Head? :twisted:

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• PMazz
            • May 2001

My personal pet peeves include Toslink and S-vid connectors. Too many times after fooling around with cables, one of these connectors comes just loose enough to cause problems with no visible sign of a problem. Whoever invented these should be shot, IMO.

Pete
            Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"