X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Stands?

What do you gents suggest for a "bookshelf" speaker stand(s). I would like a cherry finish if possible, but will forgo the finish if a particular stand is just plain better.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Crimson
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sanus NF series in cherry. Very handsome, sturdy, and moderately priced.

Q.
    Q.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Hey Crimson, good to see you posting!

Not to many stands are wood now. Sonus faber makes some factory stands designed for particular models, and as Crimson said, maybe Sanus? Got a link for those Joe?

Metal is the stand material of choice, primarily because most all can be shot or sand filled for isolation of the speaker from the floor.

Lovan makes some nice speaker stands that fit that description. I have a set of Lovan Ballet II, and would like to pick up a second set sometime for rear duty. Sadly, my rears are on bar stools, lol. You laugh, I will terminate your membership. :LOL:

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

:|

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

What's with the long face there Thomas? I was just kidding about making fun of my bar stools, I could give a sh|t

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug

Comment

• Crimson
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Here's the link.

Q.
            Q.

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Lex
              What's with the long face there Thomas? I was just kidding about making fun of my bar stools, I could give a sh|t

Lex
              Not a long face. That smiley is called "neutral." I couldn't find one where the little guy was biting his tounge. (i.e. Trying as hard as I can not to laugh at the fact that Mr. Extrema is using BAR STOOLS)
              :LOL: :rf ;s@ :f>'> :banana: :alol: :rofl: :loser:

P.S. Thanks for the link Crims...

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

It's a good d@mn thing you used Mr. :LOL:

It's one of those things that's been slipping my mind for a while. Maybe by the end of the year I can take care of that problem so that you have to eat every smile and laugh you made.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                Doug

Comment

• Rock Dog
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2003

Thanks to those of you that replied. I am going to try out the Sanus NF series in Cherry. They arrive today. Woot!

67 views, 7 replies. :roll:

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Wow, that's fast Thomas! Let us know how well they work out.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                    Doug

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                      • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Rock Dog
                      67 views, 7 replies.
                      That is because, although a lot of folks are interested in what you might have to say about the issue, they didn't want to take a "stand" themselves. :>) Anyway, glad you found a good answer.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• spiffnme
                        • Apr 2003

My surrounds are on barstools as well!

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                        All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"