X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

Good & affordable InWall/ceiling speakers

I need some inwall and inceiling speakers. A guy at a local shop recommended some MTX 810cms, which I have never heard of before, but he says they are great.
    I love the B&W's, but they are pretty expensive, The top of the line B&W's go for $1700 each and then the next step down go for $1700 a pair. I like the M&K's, and they are less expensive. Does anybody have or use inwalls that they think have superior sound at a reasonable price? I would like to keep it under $600 a pair (buying them online). I can get some M&K's for that price, but what do you recommend?
    Thanks again
    Matthew
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

We've installed PSB inwalls in a few homes and they sound good for inwalls. I'm not sure of the price but I think they're in the $600/pair range. A google search should bring up a few sites.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I personally used all JBL speakers in my all-home audio setup, and they're working great. Even did an all in-wall/ceiling installation of a surround sound setup in my bedroom. (read my article in the fourth issue of Home Theater Buidler for details on this one)

If you want even more high-end, I know that Klipsch makes installed speakers in the price range that you are looking for, based on their Reference Series. I personally haven't heard them, but am a big fan and user of Klipsch myself. You may want to check them out.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Oh, and Matt, hello to another Washingtonian! There's a few of use here in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area. Keep in touch, and maybe we could do a movie night!

CHRIS
        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• mattburk
          • Feb 2003

Yes, I would love to do that, Your theatre looks pretty cool. Be patient with me on that though, I have been working alot lately.
          Matt
          www.mycstone.com
          www.coverednow.com
          www.biarenton.com

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"