X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

Music Hall vrs. AhTojeb both modified cdp for M&K 750select

I am looking at the AhTojeb4000 or the Music Hall cd25, both modified. I have the M&K 750select system, which some say may be slightly bright. Has anyone listend to both cdp? Price is a issue, I am sure there is some much nicer players, but I need to keep it under 1000.
    Thanks for your help
    Matthew

Tjoeb CDP

Music Hall CDP
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Matt,

Check your e-mail!

What price is the Tjoeb availablel for? I didn't see it anywhere on the web-site. $469 total cost for the Music Hall would be tough to beat. I haven't auditioned either one, but the MH has a good rep for musicality and overall sound quality. Will you be using the unit's internal DAC's or as transports only and using an external DAC?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• mattburk
      • Feb 2003

I will be using the cdp dacs, for the multiroom output (Rotel does not let you use a digital signal for zone2) and for my main room I will A/B switch to see what I like best, but correct me if I am wrong, if I use the digital out the processors dacs are used, which would mean it wouldnt make a difference if I used a high or low quality cdp.
      Price

as far as the price for the ah Tjob

go to the site, click on Ah Products/NewTjob400/products &pricing

Basic mod&player=599, it is a modified marantz 4000
      Vacuum Tube output stage, dual mono op-amps, Toroidal power transformer, 2nd power transformer upgraded, AC Noise Killer, Supercrystal for low jitter, relay based muting circuit, co-ax digital out, and the +Digital Transformer for $599.

As far as adding a upsamler
      "Are all 24/96 or 24/192 CD players upsampling?

Usually no. They may have 24 bit DAC's and filters that operate at 96 or 192khz, but that does not mean they upsample to 24 bits. The TjoUpsampler is a true upsampler, and the effects are immediate and noticeable via more midrange bloom and reality. "
      Upsampler is an additional $299
      New total=$898

As far as the price of the musichall/shanling(sameplayer) you can get the shanling from Canada for $442usa or from the usa for $459
      The basic mod for the shanling runs 350. putting the total to 792.
      There is another mod for this player that is pretty cool (adding tubes) but the mod and player together is $1200, so I am going to pass on that one.
      www.mycstone.com
      www.coverednow.com
      www.biarenton.com

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"