X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chazz001
    • Apr 2004

chaning speaker block

hi, im a newbee. enjoyed the posts and got sum new ideas to try.

my question is i have a reciver ied like to change the speaker output block ( dont know if thats the right term for it lol ) to sumthing like a banana plug type, is it possible to do? where can i find replacement speaker output block

thanx
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Chazz, welcome to The Guide! :later:

It is possible, but I don't think changing the speaker connections will give you anything listening-quality-wise. Generally speaking, receivers that have spring-clip type speaker connects are fairly inexpensive and have commensurately inexpensive amps/component pieces. Going to 5-way binding posts won't change the make-up of the rest of the receiver's pieces. In other words, it'd be a good bit of effort for little or no gain.

I'd save the money you'd spend on the mod as a start on upgrading. However, if you're determined to try, check out Parts Express. There's a link at the top of the page - do a search on "binding posts" to start with.

As always, this is just my 2 cents.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"