X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Would my setup benefit from a voltage stablizer

In another thread I asked a question about my houshold voltage being in the 115v-118v range and if it was normal. Household . I was wondering would my setup benefit from a Monster Voltage Stabilizer. Everything in my setup except my amp states Power requirements of 120v.

Kevin
  • brucek
    HTG Expert
    • Aug 2000

I was wondering would my setup benefit from a Monster Voltage Stabilizer. Everything in my setup except my amp states Power requirements of 120v.
    The 120volt badge is nominal and is there to tell you that the device uses standard 120volt single phase power.

The notion that there is something fundamentally wrong with the AC power that enters our homes is usually unfounded. The power supply and its associated regulator in all your equipment is designed to output DC voltages that are constant over a wide range of AC input.

The 'Voltage Stabilizer' is a nifty device for sure, and does about everything you'd ever want in the way of noise filtering, sequenced outlets, surge protection, and swell buttons displays and lights. The Monster HTS5000mkII you are presently using already provides most of those desireable features (and in my opinion is overkill ). There is little or nothing to be gained by ensuring your line is at 120volts +/-1%.

brucek

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Thanks for the insight.

The Monster HTS5000mkII you are presently using already provides most of those desireable features (and in my opinion is overkill ).
      You maybe correct but since it was only 1mth old and I got it for $300CDN and my Monster HTS1000mkII powerbar I couldn't pass it up.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"