X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhodiel
    • Mar 2004

Outlaw

I am considering Outlaw 950 PreAmp and Amp 770 7 Channel x 200. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Outlaw?

Thanks

Ariel
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Outlaw 950 pre amp was all the rage a few years ago and was often compared to the Rotel 1066 pre amp. There were many heated debates between the owners of both units as they offered similar features and were about the cheapest units at the time. There were quite a few that tried both units and most ended up keeping the Rotel but there's still a lot of very happy 950 owners around. I'm not sure I'd recomend buying one new though since you should be able to find a Rotel 1066 on clearence now that the newer Rotel pre amp is out...for that matter if you can look at the new Rotel's as well.

the Outlaw power amps are more or less ATI clones which isn't a bad thing at all since ATI makes a fine amp. They're going to sound brighter then some other companies amps though so depending on your speakers and room this may or may not be a desireable trait.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"