• Show
Clear All
  • KMD
    • Apr 2003

Anyone using VTL tubes?

Anyone using a VTL's tube prepro/amp?
  • dave
    • Aug 2003

Yes I am,,, I'm using a 2.5 with a tube upgrade from upscale audio the tubes BTW are Mullards, they expand the soundstage and provide a beautiful Midrange as well as extending the highs a good piece of equipment for the money. Regards............

dave
    Dave...

Comment

• KMD
      • Apr 2003

Dave- now forgive me for asking but,what size amp is that and what kind of speakers are they driving? Did you have tubes before these? Are these your first?

Comment

• dave
        • Aug 2003

No apologies nessesary, the unit that I'm refering to is a linestage
        pre-amp and not a power amp. the power amp. I'm using is a Rotel rmb1095 if your ever in the market for a linestage pre. look at the VTL
        lineup. sorry for the misunderstanding, Regards Dave.....

dave
        Dave...

Comment

• KMD
          • Apr 2003

Dave,I didn't think you could mix tubes with solid state.Now your prepro is 2ch but runs a multichannel amp? R/U Happy with the results? What are you running for speakers? See I'm using a rotel 1066/ 1075 combo/with a pair of 802's. I'd like to be able to kick it up a notch in 2ch. I was think of big amp for HT mains but putting in a 2ch tube pre amp for 2ch if that makes any cents then I'd be able to go 7.1. I have a VTL dealer about 40 miles away and I've tubes before they do sond sweet.

Comment

• dave
            • Aug 2003

KMD,,, the main reason i went to tubes was for stereo listening however since I've fitted the VTL into the lineup, I find myself using the pre-pro which happens to also be a RSP1066 to give my system ambiance. The way I've got the line stage connected to the 1095 is like this, the "A" output's on the VTL go directly to the front left &right inputs on the 1095,
            the 1066 in turn handles the center and rears the VTL has a processer pass thru and you connect the 1066 through that input. The sound field gives me the 3D imaging that VTL is known for. If you do end up going this route, give the Mullard tubes a try the midrange is really smooth and extended. My speakers are Vandersteen3s for the fronts Vandersteen2s
            for the rears and don't laugh Bose 901 series six run in series for the center. you would'nt think that this setup would image properly and quite frankly I'm amazed that it does!!! the system sounds great!!!

Regards,,, Dave.........

dave
            Dave...

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

I haven't heard the VTL personally, but can vouch for what my good buddy Dave went through when he got his. First of all, Dave really knows sound and audio gear. He has a close circle of friends, all with outstanding systems, and they have weekly get togethers where they share the experience of listening to their music.

When he first got his VTL, he was like a puppy dog. He couldn't believe how much it improved his entire system. When he rolled his tubes, it was an even more excited Dave who emailed me.

I have a lot of trust in Dave and his ears. He certainly sold me that VTL makes some great sounding gear. The only problem is that it is very difficult to actually audition their ware. I do see them being sold by dealers over at Audiogon though.

Keith
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"