X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Transporter

I finally got around to watching The Transporter this weekend. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it a lot. Jason Statham plays Frank Martin, an ex-military guy that has "retired" to the coast of France. In truth, he's a "transporter" - he'll take any package anywhere for a fee, and not ask any questions. He has two rules: once agreed to, the contract is irrevocable and also, no names. Actually there's a third rule, but that would be telling. . . . especially when he breaks it, and get's WAY more than he bargained for.

It's a European production co-directed by Cory Yuen (of Honk Kong action movie fame) and new-comer Louis Leterrier, so be aware that it has that "euro" feel to it. Jason Statham from Snatch and The One has presence - he's quietly magnetic and pretty darn good at the martial arts. This movie is a cross between a Jackie Chan flick, Ronin and Midnight Run - if you can imagine that!

Again, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed this rock 'em, sock 'em little movie. Check it out.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Tex, you can read my take on this flick in my Action/Romance thread a little farther down.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

Tex, you're right on, Watched it three weeks ago. It's one for the library for sure. Felt a little like the FAST and the FURIOUS too. I mean if a beemer can really take that kind of punishment I should really consider buying one too the way I drive :LOL:

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Dean McManis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • May 2003

Yeah, I really enjoyed this movie as well. I rented it, but if I see the DVD come out at a good sale price I will probably buy it.

It was another twist on the Bond film genre, and I thought better than XXX, and much better than Die Another Day, which may be the one Bond movie that I don't end up buying. ops:

-Dean.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Hi ya Dean! When did you show up around these parts? Welcome to the Guide Mr. Moderator. :T

George, I THOUGHT I'd seen a post about this but I didn't notice it when I scrolled through. . . . here's that thread: Action/Romance

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Tex, it doesn't matter ol' buddy. I always enjoy reading your reviews.

ISN'T IT GREAT TO HAVE DEAN MCMANUS ABOARD !

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Dean McManis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • May 2003

Thanks guys! It's great to be here.

-Dean.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"