X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Treasure Planet

Got this yesterday at the studio store ($14, thank you very much). Let you know what the picture looks like this weekend.

BB
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Pretty clean. Some haloing. Not the best Disney transfer, not bad though.

I like this movie somewhat, but many others do not. YMMV.

BB

Comment

• Dean McManis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2003

I thought that this movie looked pretty good on DVD.

The storyline has a few holes in it, but I was really pleased with the creative background animation (of all things) and I thought that the story reminded me of Titan A.E., although not quite as good.

Still, I'm glad that I bought the DVD as I love animated movies.

-Dean.

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Got Atlantis II this week. I'll let you know how it looks (although we can guess the story is going to be weaker. The direct to video sequels are not faring so well lately IMO).

BB

Comment

• Foxman
          • Jan 2003

We dusted this movie off last night as I have never had a chance to view this using all my toys. Probably never even listened through the system when we did watch it last.

Anyway, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this movie. Hearing my boys chuckle and watching them enjoy the movie and it's great PQ & SQ was the best part. If your into animation and havent viewed this or like havent viewed it in a while check it out, we really enjoyed this last night.

:T

For it's genre I give it 3.5 out of 5
          IMO

My Movies
          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Jurgen
            • Jul 2003

:agree:

Excellent PQ and SQ and I liked the somewhat more adult approach of Disney(already started in Atlantis) and the fact that they dared to put this classic story in an entirely new setting. I still view a few scenes regularly(to marvel at my projector) and the song of Jim is one of my favourites.

Comment

• Gordon Moore
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Feb 2002

Treasure Planet wasn't a complete flop in my mind. Sort of reminded me of Disney's Black Cauldron attempt (which I really like but wasn't as sucessful as others and Treasure Planet is certainly not as dark a story). It could have been a lot better story-wise but then again we didn't pay for it (my son got it as a birthday gift).

For the money, it's excellent however I'd give it a rent first recommendation. If you purchase movies for demo material this may work for you.....YMMV.
              Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• spiffnme
                • Apr 2003

Did anyone see it in the IMAX theatre? If so, how was it? I didn't get a chance to see it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"