X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

List EX Titles

Please list DD/DTS EX titles here. I just retrofited my MC-1 for EX, and want to see what EX titles are lurking in my 250+ collection. I know T2 Ultimate Edition is EX. What others?

thanks,

lEX
    "Emphasis on the EX"
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I think the Haunting and for sure Toy Story 2, prob Toy Story as well.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Huskerduck
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2000

Fight Club? cant remember

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
      Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Oh, don't tell me Fight Club is, I just watched it the other night, lol. Let me see.

Doesn't seem to say that it is on it anywhere.

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

It is my understanding that, one of the Austin Powers is EX though it doesn't list it as such. I don't recall which though!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• MRWILLL
            • Aug 2000

Lex...

Let your MC-1 take you for a ride. Movies do not have to been in EX for you to experience Lexicon's DD/DTS EX magic. If you don't have Godzilla, get it, rent it. Put it in the EX mode, make sure your subs are planted down, and hold on.

In the EX mode (some non-EX discs), the rear channels really come alive. The LF takes a beating. All spks are set at small, with the sub taking over all the LF. My two Velodyne's put out tremendeous LF in the EX mode.

STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
            DVD...Hear it from the people who
            mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
            STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
            DVD...Hear it from the people who
            mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".

Comment

• Lexman
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2000

Thanks for the tip Will. I have tried the EX mode on a few non-ex movies, but so far, they haven't really blown up my skirt. (ok, ttpers, your laugh here.)

Lex

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
                • Aug 2000

Mission to Mars is EX. There are a slew of films coming with DTS 6.1 ES. Gladiator and Chicken Run are a couple. I'm waiting for the format wars to cool off before I upgrade anything.

Ken
                Ken

Comment

• Lexman
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2000

I know what you mean Ken. I upgraded my Lexicon because I found a super deal over at AV Science. How could I pass it up for 100 bucks! Regular 300 value. What can you say except for once, the upgrade gods were with me.

Honestly, I thought I was only going to get DD 6.1 EX. But actually it's DTS EX as well. :B

Lex

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
                    • Aug 2000

At least with your Lexicon you have that upgrade path available. I think you'll be happy with that DTS 6.1 ES. From the limited demo's I've heard it sound better.

Ken
                    Ken

Comment

• Lexman
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jun 2000

Yes Ken, in some ways, it's not as good as some of the compettion with software upgrades. But then at least they did make the upgrade available and I don't have to worry about downloading software upgrades this way, it's all handled through firmware exchange so to speak. Of course, the disadvantage is, we pay for them, vs a free download.

Lex

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"