Femme Fatale... coulda been a contenda...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Femme Fatale... coulda been a contenda...

Femme Fatale is a recent suspense thriller written and directed by Brian DePalma. It stars Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and Antonio Banderas. It starts off great with a nail-biting jewellery heist. Rebecca is a major player in the heist and she must go on the lam after things go terribly wrong. Thus follows a series of suspenseful events that lead to a conclusion that may leave you scratching your head and saying, " What the ? ".

Now I like DePalma and his Hitchcock-influenced cinematic style, but the ending of many of his films left me expecting something better, and I was hoping for that with Femme Fatale ( which oft times reminded me of Body Double), but such was not the case. Too bad, because this could have been a much better film.

However, I did enjoy this dvd, especially a sensous dance sequence by Rebecca about midway through the film. I'll bet this scene raised the blood pressure of many males in the audience at the theater. She also does a good job at portraying the cunning lead caharacter. Banderas, who can do much better than some of his recent roles, is adequate, but his character does not require much acting ability. One amusing thing about this film is the difference in height between Rebecca and Antonio. She is a tall, leggy creature and Antonio was often seen looking up at her. Guess he didn't want to stand on a step-stool.

PQ is a little soft, but the DD 5.1 track is very good and has some nice low end, especially one scene during a thunderstorm.

A good rental, but not one for my collection I'm afraid.

:3::

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Heard about the same thing from others too, George. I'll give 'er a rental. Hey Ms. Romjin is worth 90 minutes of my time anyway. . . . :drool:

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, Tex, she makes the whole film worth while.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"