X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Roger Rabbit Reminder

For all you release-day bargain hunter weenies (like me) don't forget WFRR comes out tomorrow.

BB
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Bought and watched this. Watched it on the regular tube as my kid's sick and it wasn't a good night to pull down the BIG screen, so I can't comment on the video transfer. WIll comment on other aspects below.

Some encouraging or dismaying features on this disk, depending how you look at it:

Double disk set, disk 1 is labelled as "Family Friendly" has DD track only, is pan & scan, and has a minimum of extras.

Disk 2 is labelled as "Enthusiast's disk", has widescreen 16:9 enhanced film, and has DD and DTS (both 5.1). It also had many more extras and background material.

First thought - if the second disk is the "enthusiast's" version, why'd they cram all the extras on that one and thereby require more compression of the video? But, as I have not seen the video under circumstances to judge it yet, maybe I'm being prematurely critical.

The audio was pretty nice, although I had it at a lower level than my usual "frighten the windows". The menus are pretty cool, with a lot of brand new animation, not stuff lifted out of the film. They are pretty long to the actual "make a choice" part, which might end up getting tiresome. Don't know if hitting menu again short cuts them or not.

Watched a couple of the featurettes, and they are pretty well produced, with a lot of background and current interviews with the original cast and crew.

All in all, first impression is if you are a fan of this movie, it's a very nicely done DVD.

And in a pretty nice gesture to real fans, includes a coupon for $5 back if you have an older version of the DVD.

BB

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmmm, interest indeed. I agree with you about the extras. I'll have to pick this one up and check it out.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"