X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Das Boot Superbit - German DTS

Just thought I'd warn you. The Superbit DVD of Das Boot has only the German soundtrack in DTS. The English version is DD 5.1. Personally, on this movie I don't care. I've seen the English version enough that I watch it in German with subtitles now. Can't wait to here this in DTS - wow!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Can't wait to here this in DTS - wow!
    Yeah, for heightened audio effect in the DTS version, they've substituted H-bombs instead of mere depth charges and the women at the brothel scream out YOUR name when they're doing it with the German officers. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
      Yeah, for heightened audio effect in the DTS version, they've substituted H-bombs instead of mere depth charges and the women at the brothel scream out YOUR name when they're doing it with the German officers. :>)

Kewl! This is real

- wait for it -

- here it comes -

"immersive" TV.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'm glad this has become a superbit. However, I have always thought the audio was top notch to begin with. Though I must admit, this is from memory. I still don't own this film and thought I would have long before now. At least I will own it in it's Superbit glory! :yeah:

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

John, your memory serves you well. It has always been one of the better audio treats for your system.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

Yes -- Das Boot is one heck of an audio workout for the system in the "director's cut" edition that has been out for a while. I assume it will be equally impressive in the SuperBit edition.

A few years ago, I was playing around with HTPC and was testing the DVD playback function for the first time. I had just bought Das Boot on DVD but hadn't played it yet, and had no idea how the disc was organized. I connected up the audio to my HT sound system but didn't have the video hooked uo when I put in the Das Boot disc and hit play and started tinkering around some more. Shortly thereafter I thought the house was coming apart!

Das Boot is a "flipper" and I had started on side two and had gotten to the depth charge scene... it was very convincing. I was relieved to discover it was just the movie soundtrack. However, I'm pretty sure if I had cranked up the sub just a little bit more, it might have caused structural damage, too. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"