X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Here's some icky-sweet for you...

Sweet Home Alabama. This one was just a little too icky-sweet for my tastes. It's one of those predictable love found, love lost, love re-found plots. But it stars Reese Witherspoon and I love her and will watch anything she does. There's also a nasty Candace Bergen. and that's a real switch for her. And there's a few laughs, too, so it was an acceptable rental and will probably please the missus or the girl-friend.

:3::

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

When I saw the trailer for this one in the commercial theater, it looked like a winner -- a laugh riot with a heart warming message. But then when it was showing in the theater, people who saw the actual movie said the trailer had shown all the jokes (the funny ones anyway) and that instead of being heart-warming, the rest of the flick just produced heart burn. Might watch it once to give Reese and Candice a look-see... :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

it isn't likely one I'll run out to buy but glenda and I liked it. George is right in that is as predicatable as they come but its love story so they all end the same way Besides its got Reese in it :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Reese :yesnod:

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Oh well, the trailer did look extremely promising. Thanks for the heads up guys.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"