MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:2 The .1 (LF) is badly mssing...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRWILLL
    • Aug 2000

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:2 The .1 (LF) is badly mssing...

Hello folks...

When playing this DVD tonight, I had to check my subs (twice) to hear if they were playing. Also I went inside my menu to see if all my pre settings were correct, they are. This is a huge dissapointment for such a blockbuster movie. I know some movies have more .1 than others, but with full range spks in a 7.1 set up and teo Velodyne subs, I should have gotten much more than I did. Even the big explosions didn't do anything.

Could this be the reason why this disc can be had for $14.99 at Circuit City? Any opinions!!

STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
    DVD...Hear it from the people who
    mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
    STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
    DVD...Hear it from the people who
    mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
  • Ken McDaniel
    • Aug 2000

The .1 soundtrack came off and on for me. Some scenes where I thought it would be it wasn't, others it was right in my face. Other than that it was a spectacular DVD. Great features with quality extras.

When I saw this in the theater in a loud THX cinema, I noticed there wasn't too much bottom end there either. Maybe this found it's way to the disc?

Ken
    Ken

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Hmmm, I didn't notice it to much. But the first time I watch a movie, I am generally engrossed in the "film", not the effects. But I will pay closer attention next time. Wow, the recovery scene/chase was incredible!

Lex

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

It may not use the .1 LF channel much but, there is plenty of bass. Instead of the constant flabby rumble found in most action movies the bass was in the music for the most part. The flamingo dance scene also had some great bass enhancement. Good test scene to see if your full range speakers can produce fast snappy bass. The explosions were quick and realistic.

Probably is a disapointment for the many veiwers that rate a film by it's thump content.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"