X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

This transfer will knock your socks off

It's a French film entitled Brotherhood Of The Wolf. It's a very long film( 2 1/2 hours) and it dragged at times, but it didn't matter to me, I was just too busy soaking up this gorgeous transfer. IMO, this transfer is even better than the Fifth Element Superbit. The colors, the deep contrast and the super detail made this look like High Definition.

Briefly, the plot concerns a beast that is killing the citizens of a French village. The King sends two dudes to find and destory the beast. Well there is more to this than just a killer beast, but I won't spoil it in case any of you decide to see this.

Along with the startlingly good transfer, there is plenty of action ( martail arts style) a love story that slows the pace somewhat, and a sound track that will test your system's limits. I rented this, and though I don't know if I'd want to sit through the story all over again, it would be nice to have as a reference disc so I will be looking for it .

Story: :3:: Picture: :5:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It is a stunningly good image, isn't it? It's not a bad flick either. Just be aware that it is a European film and their techniques in storytelling do differ a bit from Americans'. BOTW is well worth a rental.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

I've heard good things about this from a few folks; with your confirmations, I'll have to place it on my list, since I actually LIKE the way Europeans tell stories in movies (at least sometimes! ) :W

-Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Finally got to see this. Pretty cool flick. And it is a very nice transfer!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"