X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eduardo
    Moderator emeritus
    • Jun 2002

An Evening with the Dixie Chick

I bought this DVD as a Valentines present for my wife. She's the fan and I have never listened to the Dixie Chicks. I have a new appreciation for thier music. Natalie Maines has an amazing voice, very moving

To start the packaging is very good. It's a thin foldover cardboad case with a booklet on the front inside flap. The DVD contains a 92 minute concert, Biographies and Discograpy. The LIVE concert is filmed at the Kodak Theater in Los Angelos. Part of this concert was broadcasted on NBC. What makes this video better than others is the concert shown in its entirity. Most concert videos are either put together from differant concerts or the song order are edited. The picture quality is very good. The sound quality is awesome.

Any fan or music aficionado will need this DVD for thier collection.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Eduardo
    ]I bought this DVD as a Valentines present for my wife. She's the fan and I have never listened to the Dixie Chicks.
    Right. That's a good cover story and a very clever strategy:

"Gee, honey, do I HAVE to watch these hot babes, er, I mean, talented musicians right now? I'm kind of busy posting on the internet." :>)

Of course, she "insists" that you do it since it's a Valentine's Day gift, and so you not only get to ogle the hotties, but she owes you one for having persuaded you to share the experience. :>)

All kidding aside, it sounds like it must have been a really good concert and is a worthwhile DVD to track down and enjoy. Thanks for the review.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Sounds like a really nice dvd. Now if I could just find a good reason why I am oogling a group of hot babes when my wife catches me, I'd go for the dvd, too. :LOL:

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

You guys shoud buy your wives the Bond DVD. No not the James Bond movies but the DVD video of the band by the same name. They play classical music with a pop/rock twist and are damn fine to look at as evidence by the banned image below. They wanted to use that one as the album cover but the record label wouldn't go for it :LOL: As well as being very good looking they're all classically trained and are tallented musicaians in their own right and I enjoy listening to their music a lot...of course their video's are fun too 8O

Here's their offical homepage

looks like they have a new album out as well that I need to go and buy

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

.... Andrew, I am speechless.... :drool:

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Ok, I have recovered and can speak now. These babes can do for the classics what the Whirley Pop has done for home theater popcorn. :yesnod:

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Eduardo
              Moderator emeritus
              • Jun 2002

How I would have loved to be at that photo shoot. :drool:

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"