X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken McDaniel
    • Aug 2000

Toy Story 2 - One for the collection

I rented it; after watching it, I plopped down in front of the computer and ordered it. This is a fabulous DVD. I think Disney is beginning to figure out what it takes to put a good run of movies together on disc. The picture quality was great. Of course I suppose it's tough to mess up a master of a digital film. The sound was also pristine. Some of the sound effects are some of the lowest I've heard. It gave my sub a good workout. The overall mix was excellent; lots of action in the rear channels.

Of course, any film I can sit and enjoy with my daughter is a ringer for permanent ownership. It has enough inside jokes to entertain the adults while going over the heads of younger viewers. Of course right now my daughter is only 4 months old. I suppose she'll appreciate it a little later.

Ken
    Ken
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Yeah, my daughter is 15, but we are still getting it for Christmas It's good to expose them to things like this even at a young age, their little brains are developing at the speed of sound, and we need to give them plenty of stimuli!

There, your justified, lol.

Lex

Comment

• Greg Stone
      • Aug 2000

I agree, this is a great movie, and the family watchability factor makes it awesome. Too often I feel I can't tinker with the HT system as the movies I want to watch shouldn't be viewed by my two young sons. TS 1 and TS 2 are must haves in my opinion, and are good enough to be enjoyed many, many times.

Greg's DVD's

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

My daughter's 18, but that didn't stop me from getting the 2 disc set!!! We saw this at the theater and enjoyed every minute of it.

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Yeah this one needed the dust blown off it!

Since we were talkin about classics and I had nothing better to do but browse the archive`s of Htguide....

Toy Story 2 what a classic...The sound of this movie...The story...The picture quality...unreal...

Monster`s inc though is definetely up there

Lion King

Finding Nemo (Never thought they could beat Monster`s Inc) but they did.

Bam!
          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Wow, this one's a blast from the past. I own the "Toy Box" collection, with both movies and a third disc of extras.

Toy Story 2 is still a reference DVD in my opinion, for both video color reproduction, and sound clarity.

But the Toy Story movies will always hold a special place in my heart, and I consider them to be one of the movies that have made a big difference on movie history and progression. The computer animation style of the TS movies have set a new precedence for animation. But the best part that I LOVE is, that Pixar takes this massively great style, and doesn't showboat and cater to it. Instead, Pixar only uses it to tell the story. The STORY is the focus of the movie, as it should be.

CHRIS
            Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Bam!
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2004

Chris!

:yesnod: !

Couldn`t agree with ya more! A real classic...it had to be dug up and brought back to life!

Bam!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

I have the 2 disc set also and have watched it a couple of times. Couldn't agree more with your comments.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Bam!
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2004

Hey guys!

I remember the first time I heard the THX intro breakdown...my heart stopped....I had it retarded loud and I thought Oh my....but by the time I could think any further the little guy started fixing everything with his drill and wham bamm thank you mamm (I couldn`t help it ops: ) it was fixed!!!!

The best!!!!

Bam!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"