X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick TX
    • Jan 2003

Any Rotel Dealer suggestions in Texas?

There is no Dealer in San Antonio, damnit! I'm hoping to find a place that is not shifty on service / warranty / return. I have heard some interesting stories about the Home Theater Store chain...I travel to Dallas/FW, Houston & Austin. Someone that will deal would be nice, or maybe a trade in policy? I wonder if I can mail order since there is no dealer closeby? I'm looking for the 1066/1075 combo, or maybe the 1055/1080 combo.

My Equipment

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Front - B&W CDM 9NT's
    Center - B&W CDM CNT
    Surrounds - B&W LM1's
    Subwoofer - SVS PB2+
    HDTV - Pioneer Elite Pro630HD
    DVD - Panasonic DVD-RP91K, Denon DVD-1600
    SACD Changer - Sony SCD-C222ES
    PVR Box - SA Explorer 8000
    HD Box - SA Explorer 3100HD
    Gaming - Sony PS2
    Remote - Home Theater Master MX-500
    Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300
    Rack Light - Panamax RacMax
    My Equipment

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Front - B&W CDM 9NT's
    Center - B&W CDM CNT
    Surrounds - B&W LM1's
    Subwoofer - SVS PB2+
    HDTV - Pioneer Elite Pro630HD
    DVD - Panasonic DVD-RP91K, Denon DVD-1600
    SACD Changer - Sony SCD-C222ES
    PVR Box - SA Explorer 8000
    HD Box - SA Explorer 3100HD
    Gaming - Sony PS2
    Remote - Home Theater Master MX-500
    Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300
    Rack Light - Panamax RacMax
  • Nicholas Renter
    • Jun 2002

Yes I most certainly can recommend a dealer in Texas.

Josh Oebel
    Home Theater Store
    3030 East Southlake Blvd.
    Southlake, Texas 76092
    (817) 748-HDTV

Southlake is about 5 min. west of the airport off highway 121. Really easy to get to.

Josh sold me my RSP-1066/RMB-1095 combo and is a pleasure to work with. He's the type of dealer to go out of his way (WAY out of his way) to do what it right for the customer. I drove him nutz when I first found a specific bug in the Rotel software (that has subsequently been fixed). Josh was always pleasant and easy to work with.

I can honestly say that I like him personally and respect him professionally.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Welcome the HTG! Apparently the home of Rotel, lol.

Good questions. I would guess with no local dealer, Rotel could be sold to you mail order, but that's only a guess. They are VERY stringent on their dealer plans. If you find Rotel mail order, you can better believe it's not an authorized dealer. So beware. Rotel will not honor warranties on these units. I don't think.

Generally, I like a Mom and Pop type store myself, seem to give better overall service to me. Not just a number there. My locally owned hi-fi store seems that way anyway. The chains, you always seem so small in the grand scheme of things.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• phuz
        • Jan 2003

As far as I know The Home Theater Store is the only place in Texas that sells Rotel.

The one in Austin will deal a bit. It's only an hour away from San Antonio.

==============
        -phuz

My Setup
        ==============
        -phuz

Comment

• Nicholas Renter
          • Jun 2002

No, there are most definately others that sell in Texas (at least in the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex). I know of one in particular that does, however, I will not recommend them because of the way they treated one of my friends over the sale of a used Rega P25.

Comment

• Michael G
            • Oct 2002

I got mine here in Houston at the Home Theater Store (Near Willowbrook Mall) and the salesman, Marty Dubinski, was very friendly and willing to deal. Problem is, I'm not very good at dealmaking so I ended up paying $1350. ops:

Comment

• sndtowne
              • Jan 2003

There are a number of Rotel dealers in Texas. You can go to the Rotel website (www.Rotel.com) type in the various area codes around you and they will give you the dealers in those areas.

I know there are dealers in Houston, Austin, Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Texarkana and I'm sure there are more. Hillcrest Hi Fi, in Dallas, used to be a Rotel dealer until Tweeter bought them out - then Rotel, and B&W terminated them.

Also, you can call their Texas representative - Dobbs/Stanford Corp., in Dallas, (214) 358-0800, and they can inform you of dealer locations.

Lex is right, by the way, Rotel does not authorize ANY internet sales. If you do find Rotel on the internet, it will be from a non-authorized dealer, and you do not get the five year Rotel warranty.

Bruce
              Bruce

Comment

• Nicholas Renter
                • Jun 2002

10% off list price is a pretty standard discount. Most times you just have to ask.

Comment

• sndtowne
                  • Jan 2003

>

The Rotel dealer in San Antonio is:

International Hi Fi Systems. 210/696-8800. Frank & David Garcia.

Bruce
                  Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"