• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Army of Darkness (one too many)

From Dvd Talk:

Just when you thought you had purchased the 'definitive' Army of Darkness DVD, Anchor Bay has announced: Army of Darkness 'Boomstick Edition. Set for release on March 4th Army of Darkness 'Boomstick Edition (a 2 Disc 'SE) will feature both widescreen and full screen versions of the theatrical version film, an 8-page companion booklet, 'The Men Behind The Army' narrated by Bruce Campbell, and the alternate/original ending. The 2nd Disc of this SE will feature the extended cut of the film (which is about 15 mins longer) as well as an audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and writer Ivan Raimi, and several deleted scenes. Unless you don't already own this film on DVD it's hard for us to recommend the 5th release on DVD for a movie!

I'd tend to agree :roll:
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The first one was enough for me. I don't see what's so special about this film that it needs 5 dvd editions. :?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm sad to say that I have never seen the entire film. So, this maybe a good reason to check it out.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

John, "Army Of Darkness" is definitely an acquired taste. I laugh all the way through it, but Jen is like "what the H*** was that?!?!" My son likes it and my daughter just thinks it's okay. I have to agree with Gordon and the reviewer that there really isn't a reason for this DVD set to be released.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Hey David,

Thanks for the heads-up. I like quite a few off the wall titles so, I will give this one it's fare do! :LOL: From what I've seen (which were very small portions) I should enjoy this film.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"