X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Touch of Evil!

Until we get Citizen Kane we have Orson Welles's Touch of Evil...Oh Yeah!!!
    Sure it's got some corny lines, and at time it is a little goofy by todays standards...but make no mistake, this is a classic movie with a good story, made better by a re-editing! A story that was way ahead of it's time.
    For the DVD universal has re-edited this movie, with the help of a memo, written by Welles to the studio, after the studio had butchered the movie to "make it better".
    I don't know how much has been put back into it, but it is very different from the version I have seen before...it is much better!!
    Most of the actors over-dramatize, as was normal back then...except for Welles. Welles plays Hank Quinlan, a police chief. At the time this movie was done Welles looked pretty bad, the toll his life had taken was very evident, but his character is easily the most believable.
    This movie was so far ahead for it's time, and I'm sure the studio cut it up so as not to offend the public masses at that time. There's bigotry, drugs, rape, murder...what else could you ask for in a classic drama???
    The picture is B&W enhanced and looks very good, the sound is clean mono, and is all that's needed here.
    enjoy! KennyG
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"